The endpoint management leader’s newest update features a Google collaboration for the new Android Enterprise API and supports Apple’s spring release
INDIANAPOLIS, IN – May 14, 2019 – FileWave, the multi-platform endpoint management solution for apps, devices and configurations on Mac, Windows and mobile, announces the launch of version 13.1. The new version extends FileWave’s mobile device management features on the Android platform via the latest Android Management API, and supports Apple’s spring release functionality. Version 13.1 builds on FileWave’s version 13 that was released in early October 2018.
FileWave’s implementation of the new Android Management API continues the company’s commitment to provide excellence in multi-platform endpoint management. 13.1 enables enhanced administration of Android mobile devices with the most up-to-date management framework. The API keeps FileWave’s Android functionality running seamlessly as Google releases new updates. These advancements are pivotal in streamlining and simplifying device management for FileWave’s Android customers.
“Being one of the only multi-platform solutions supporting Google’s new management framework, 13.1 provides support for the Android API with the ‘Fully Managed Device’ solution set,” said David Elliott, vice president of engineering, FileWave.
The new version provides the following features for Android management:
- Device enrollment – devices can be enrolled with a code or through a QR code scanner.
- Ability to lock, disable and wipe devices – devices can be forced to the lock screen, disabled or even wiped through administrative controls.
- Silent app distribution – administrators can push apps to devices directly from the Google Play app store.
- Customized permission sets – administrators can set default permission grants for devices.
- Customized Google Play store – administrators can control what is available in the Google Play store for their end users.
- Additional features – other affordances include password enforcement, automatic compliance, Wi-Fi configuration, certificate management and device restrictions.
Additionally, 13.1 adds support for new functionality in Apple’s spring release of macOS, iOS, and tvOS, such as Classroom support for macOS devices. Many security and deployment workflow enhancements are also included in the latest FileWave release.
“Version 13.1 is a fit for all of our customers – it keeps up with the need for businesses and schools to manage multiple device types among a myriad of operating systems,” said Nurdan Eris, chairwoman and CEO, FileWave. “FileWave is at the forefront of device management innovation and 13.1 embodies that.”
Last month FileWave announced the company’s first channel partner program, making the multi-platform leader available to more than 25,000 resellers.
A pioneer in multi-platform endpoint management, FileWave was founded in 1992. Offering a single management solution for apps, devices and configurations on macOS, iOS, Windows, Chrome OS, and Android, FileWave gives IT the ability to proactively and automatically provision and maintain every device.
FileWave makes endpoint management simple. For more information, please visit filewave.com.
Contact us to find out whether FileWave is a fit for your team. Request your 30-day free trial now.