FileWave Lightning is the ultimate image creation and deployment tool using the new, ultra-fast, Thunderbolt™ technology. Lightning allows you to create clean, untouched, never-booted images based on 10.7 and 10.8 installer media. You can even create a local user account or bake in additional PKG's during creation. Already have ASR ready images created with another tool? No problem! Drag those DMGs into FileWave Lightning and they are ready to deploy at the fastest possible speed to your client machines.
How Lightning Works
Install FileWave Lightning on a 10.7 or 10.8 Mac with a Thunderbolt port. This will become your Lightning host.
Create a new Lightning host by following the Lightning Prompts or drag in an existing ASR-ready DMG.Boot your target machine into “Target boot mode” and connect via to your FileWave Lightning host Thunderbolt cable. Deploy the selected image to your client machine, Lightning Fast!
Works with OS X 10.7 - Lion and OS X 10.8 - 10.8.3 Mountain Lion
- Lightning fast imaging using Apple’s Thunderbolt™ technology
- Create images from scratch using approved Apple imaging workflows
- Customize and manage images from within the FileWave Lightning Image Library
- Import legacy images into Lightning for rapid deployment of large images
- Can be used to simplify Apple’s Thunderbolt Imaging workflow
- Supports the OS X Mountain Lion Notification Center
- Add any PKG's, or self-contained Apps to your Image
- Also works over USB, FireWire, eSATA and many more...