ALL NEW ARCHITECTURE
FileWave’s new unified PostgreSQL backend provides core architectural improvements, allowing for improved performance, increased scalability, and faster time to market.
Now, with a unified PostgreSQL database, FileWave is set to deliver new possibilities that will drastically enhance your multi-platform management experience. Features such as warm standby, hot backups, streaming replication, and much more become possible.
The new architecture also emphasizes our commitment to investing in core product development, ensuring FileWave continues to provide a robust and scalable solution.
Migrate with Ease and Assurance
Not sure if your database can be safely migrated from SQLite to PostgreSQL? Checkout FileWave’s “Migration Checker” before you migrate to ensure a smooth and successful migration.
Benefits of the new PostgreSQL architecture:
- Reduced FileWave server processing time
- Better FileWave server control
- Improved standby/failover
- Improved backup possibilities
FILEWAVE BOOSTERS JUST GOT A BOOST!
Boosters have always been an efficient and affordable way to scale an institution’s device management capabilities. Now, with FileWave 11, Boosters are even more powerful as they can handle most client traffic, not just file downloads. What this means is a more capable Booster with improved queuing and algorithms that will reduce server load by making better use of existing resources.
Benefits of the new Booster improvements:
- Support ~10 times the previous client capacity
- Reduced FileWave server load
FILEWAVE ADMIN ENHANCEMENTS
Numerous changes and additions have been made to the FileWave Admin console, making it faster and easier than ever to manage users, devices, and content with the FileWave Management Suite.
LDAP Integration for FileWave Admins
FileWave’s new LDAP integration for FileWave Admins simplifies user management by using existing LDAP infrastructure for Admin authentication and permissions.
Do you have users that belong to multiple LDAP groups? No Problem! FileWave 11 supports multiple LDAP groups by merging user rights. Better yet, you can easily determine what effective rights a user will have and, more importantly, which group provided them – all within the FileWave console.
Benefits of LDAP Integration for FileWave Admins:
- Simplifies user management
- Allows the use of existing LDAP infrastructure for authentication and permissions
- Improvements with AD, OD, and eDirectory synchronization and authentication
- Permissions are defined per LDAP group
- Supports users belonging to multiple LDAP groups (rights are merged)
- Easily determine what effective rights a user will have and which group provided them
Multiple LDAP group permissions (images 1 & 2) and merged permissions (image 3).
New Fileset Status Information
New information, such as script execution and dependency hierarchy, is now just a click away.
New Fileset information includes:
- Script execution details
- Dependency hierarchy relationship
- Success and failure filters
Inventory Only Clients
Do you have devices in your organization that you want, or need, in FileWave Inventory, without the need to manage them? Do you have devices that you want in FileWave Inventory, but need to ensure no updates or Filesets are accidentally sent to the device? If so, Inventory Only is the perfect solution!
Inventory Only is a new client state option within Management Mode that allows devices to be in FileWave for inventory purposes, without the ability to manage them, or the risk of accidentally deploying Filesets. Common examples are servers and devices used by power users.
About Inventory Only Clients:
- It’s a standard FileWave client that is placed into a specific “state”
- Inventory Only mode ensures future Fileset associations are not deployed
- Existing Filesets are maintained – providing the ability to deploy Filesets and then “lock down” the device to prevent any additional changes
- The FileWave Client is the only Fileset that can be upgraded
New Inventory Only Client Option
Automation / Command Line Improvements
FileWave 11 provides further command line automation support, such as:
- Import/Export Filesets
- Official integration into AutoPkgr 1.4
- Better support and documentation with a full man page
Additional FileWave Admin Enhancements
- Improved handling of locked clients
- Improved how clients report needed software
- Faster Filesets deletion
- Improved Fileset dependency calculations
- Faster and more reliable OS X profile installations
- Improved VPP license associations to OS X machines
- Improved Update Model and Revert Model functions
- Improved Profile Editor search results
- Search in Profile Editor highlights search terms in the profile
Click here to learn more about these and other FileWave Admin improvements.
New search feature in Profile Editor highlights search terms.
COMPREHENSIVE iOS 9.3 SUPPORT
FileWave continues to leverage new features introduced in iOS 9.3. These features, when combined with FileWave, provide a comprehensive iOS management solution designed to make management simple.
Here are just a few of the many iOS 9.3 features available in FileWave:
MDM Lost Mode
- Integrated with existing "Missing" Client State
- Reports device location when set to “Missing”, even if location services have been disabled or FileWave App portal has been removed
Organization Info and Lock Screen options for MDM Lost Mode.
Profile Payload Changes / New Restrictions
- Blacklist/Whitelist apps from displaying on a device
- Safari auto-fill domains
- Home screen layout
- Apple lock payload with text
- Google account
- iOS Wallpaper
Home Screen Layout and Google Account profiles.
Enterprise App Validation Request
FileWave 11 simplifies the complexities of enterprise app validation by automatically validating apps every seven days. Also, if a device will be offline for a long period of time and there is a risk an enterprise application may become invalid, FileWave Admins can prevent a disruption by manually triggering a validation request.
Validation request events:
- When required
POWERFUL SCRIPT EXECUTION
FileWave 11 includes significant script improvements ranging from better reporting to multiple execution stages. These options allow for more powerful and customized scripting capabilities – allowing advanced FileWave Admins to unleash their scripting skills.
- Easily edit scripts in-place and set their order of execution
- Not just during activation, but seven different Fileset deployment stages
- Existing Filesets have no behavior change
- Requirement scripts
- Ensure all pieces/components are present before a Fileset downloads
- Fileset payload isn’t downloaded if these checks fail
- Pre/Post-flight activation and uninstall scripts
- Prepare or cleanup a Fileset install
- Verification scripts
- Executes a specific script each time a client is verified
You want to create a local Admin account on all of your organization’s OS X machines, except the FileWave server. You also want to report all of the local Admin accounts into FileWave Inventory.
Stops the install if the machine is the FileWave server.
Pre-flight activation and Post-flight activation scripts
Clears cache, creates the local Amin account [see FileWave recipe], and hides the newly created Admin account on the login screen [see FileWave recipe].
Finds all of the local Admin accounts and reports them to FileWave Inventory [see FileWave recipe].
Reverts machines to their previous configuration.
New scripting UI (background) with a scripting being edited (foreground).
Today’s IT management requires full lifecycle management and FileWave’s commitment to providing a complete, all-inclusive, solution continues with the release of Imaging v4. Imaging v4 brings new features to Windows and Mac, as well as general performance enhancements.
Imaging v4 includes many new features for Windows designed to expand hardware and configuration support. With the inclusion of support for CSM based uEFI, Windows imaging supports provides a modern imaging solution for modern hardware and configurations.
New features of Windows imaging:
- Supports modern hardware / CSM based uEFI
- Capture/Restore any number of partitions
- Support for >2TB disks with GPT partition scheme
- Restore to blank hard drive
Increased hardware and OS support for Mac imaging.
New features of Mac imaging:
- Image the latest Mac hardware (MacBook Pro 11.4+)
- Better “NetBoot” citizen on your network
- “Option Boot” for manual netbook imaging
Better performance, better imaging.
Additional imaging enhancements include:
- Easier IVS upgrades – FileWave hosted RPM simplifies upgrades
- Better master image creation
- More efficient image transfers
- Creation/Restoration logs are propagated to the IVS server