Add FileWave to your resume (and maybe get that overdue pay raise, too).
Whether you are brand new to FileWave and need to learn the basics, or you already use FileWave and want to get more out of it, this course is for you!
In this instructor-led, hands-on FileWave Certified Administrator course, we will cover everything a typical System Administrator needs to know to support the day-to-day realities of a production endpoint environment. Of course we’ll cover how to accomplish things with FileWave and work through numerous examples and labs, but more importantly we’ll also talk about best practices and workflow implementation that will help position you for success.
What Will Be Covered
- Installing and configuring FileWave Server, Boosters, Imaging Virtual Server (IVS), and setting up Engage
- Deploying clients and inventorying Mac and Windows devices
- Building dynamic inventory reporting for computers
- Developing software deployments for macOS and Windows (Filesets)
- Automatically and manually configuring Fileset deliveries (Associations)
- Construction of licensing reports
- Building macOS and Windows images for deployment of new devices
- Enrolling iOS devices and organizing them via smart groups
- Integrating with Apple programs such as ASM, DEP, and VPP
- Creating granular configuration profiles for iOS device configuration
- Building real-world, complex workflows for iOS app and configuration profile distribution
- Working with classroom solutions like FileWave Engage and Apple Classroom
- This is a five day course comprised of instructor-led materials, examples, and hands-on labs
- The location of the course varies per course instance, so make sure and check the best date/location for you
- We will provide ancillary hardware, but please bring a high-end laptop for running VMs (Mac or PC with recommended 16GB of memory) and at least one iOS device for lab work (the more, the merrier)
- Coffee and a light breakfast are provided daily
- Online exam available after the course to achieve official FCA certification
- Basic familiarity with the endpoints you’ll manage in your own environments
- Read and memorize the 250+ page FileWave Administration manual (just kidding)
- Bring your real-world questions with you—they make for great examples, and help everyone learn!
Frequently Asked Questions
I already use every facet of FileWave heavily and know it very well, will this course help me to do super-advanced stuff like perform third-level support, or to read detailed debug logs?
No, the FCA course probably isn’t your best choice for this engineering-level content need. We’ll be posting some other courses soon to accommodate these materials.
Will this course make me look like an IT rock star when I get back to work?
Yes, yes it will! Ok, probably not, but in today’s IT world of always doing “more with less”, this course will set you up to be able to deliver on that—which will make you, and your management, look great.
What is the cost of this course?
Contact us for customized pricing.
Is there a limit to the number of folks that can attend this course?
Yes, the exact number of seats varies based on the course location, but there is always a finite limit, so book soon!
Upcoming Onsite Classes
(February 04, 2019 3:00 pm UTC)
Ongoing Online Classes
(June 01, 2018 1:00 pm UTC)