Imaging is a huge part of the systems management task set. Institutions image new devices they have purchased, image older devices on a rotating schedule to bring those devices up to current versions of the operating system and applications, and image devices after they have been repaired or used in a training.
- Features of FileWave Network Imaging:
- Fully Automated Imaging - Clients boot to the imaging server and, if they have an image associated, start the imaging process.
- Automated Naming - Clients are re-named automatically after they have completed imaging.
- Lightning Integration - Easily upload the images you are already using with FileWave Lightning.
- Drag and Drop Interface - Quickly associate clients to images with an easy to use interface built into the FileWave Admin.
- Native UEFI Imaging Support for Windows - Native UEFI-based imaging mode provides support for newer devices that do not have a legacy BIOS-compatibility mode for network booting.
The workflows for imaging are as important as the items to be placed onto the device. The primary workflows are:
In-place update image - where the device has an updated operating system, applications, and settings applied over top of the existing operating system and applications
With FileWave, you are able to easily exercise either of these workflows for the Macs or PCs in your deployment plans. With our unique Imaging Virtual Server and our special OS X Lightning imaging tool, you can create custom image sets based on your institution’s mission requirements, and deploy those images over the network to your Macs and PCs, using your own back-end hardware, regardless of operating system.