Opening: USA - Indianapolis, IN
FileWave’s Engineering team is looking for a self-motivated & skilled Support Engineer to fill a very hands-on technical position. Candidate must have experience supporting complex cross platform environments, and a proficiency with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
You will need to be comfortable supporting, and training customers. You will be working alongside our Development and Engineering teams to implement quality products and ensure customer satisfaction.
This position will cover our evening support hours of 11:30am to 8:30pm (Eastern Time).
At FileWave our Support Engineers are expected to:
- Support our customers on the phone, by email, and in person
- Work with the Development and Engineering teams to communicate and escalate both issues and feature requests
- Be comfortable working with a ticketing system and logging progress and resolutions
- Support and assist our Development team with requests and resolutions
- Solve problems using your experience and skill sets
- On the job or classroom experience with Windows, OS X or Linux system support and administation experience
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Understanding of Unix Fundamentals as well as OS X commands/utilities (system backups, file systems, job control, etc)
- Understanding of core network services (DNS,HTTP, SSH, FTP, Switching/Routing, etc.)
- Familiar with operational and security best practices
- Familiar with software packaging and code deployment
- Experience with at least one interpreted language (perl, python, php,ruby) AND a shell language (bash,korn, etc )
- Self motivated with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Ability to work on tasks, and projects with minimum supervision
- Experience working in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Experience deploying or managing mobile devices in enterprise environments (iOS, Android, etc).
- Experience with Virtualization infrastructure and administration
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and network architecture
- Familiar with PostgreSQL and their various replication and scalability strategies
FileWave is a device management solution, for both Mac and Windows operating systems as well as iOS and Android devices. For 20 years, we have helped organizations around the world manage their unique environments via the FileWave Management Suite.
Over the past several years, we have experienced rapid growth and are looking to expand our team quickly.