Opening: USA (Indianapolis, IN)
FileWave’s Quality Assurance (QA) team is looking for a self-motivated and skilled QA Engineer to fill an entry-level technical position. Candidate must have scripting or programming knowledge and proficiency with Windows, Mac OS X and/or Linux. You will work alongside our Development, Support, and Engineering teams to ensure the highest quality possible in our products.
This position is full time. No contract work, please.
At FileWave our QA Engineers are expected to:
- Assists in the development of the QA test strategies, methodologies, and standard processes.
- Test newly developed software and features and record any defects, bugs or performance issues.
- Work with the Development, Support, and Engineering teams to communicate and escalate issues.
- Be comfortable working with other members of the QA team in an Agile (SCRUM) environment.
- Verify issues are repeatable and log them clearly, to help Development quickly resolve them.
- Create scripts to improve manual testing process.
- Strong proficiency with Windows, OS X, or Linux operating systems.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to work on tasks and projects with minimum supervision.
- Experience working in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Has “test to break” attitude.
- Ability to maximize available resources.
- Good judgment skills are needed to assess high-risk areas of an application.
- Communication skills and the ability to understand various sides of an issue.
- An ability to find problems as well as answer the question ‘what’s missing’.
- Experience working with mobile devices (iOS, Android, etc.).
-Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware Fusion / Workstation / vSphere, Parallels, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, etc.).
- Experience with remote control software (VNC, ARD, Remote Desktop, etc.).
- Experience with QA automation tools (eggPlant, QTP, SilkTest, Squish, etc.).
- Experience with version control software (Git, Mercurial, Perforce, Subversion, etc.).
- Understanding of TCP/IP and network architecture.
- Experience with software installation and deployment.
FileWave is a multi-platform device management solution for macOS, iOS, Windows, Chrome OS, and Android. For over 20 years, we have helped organizations around the world manage their unique environments via the FileWave Management Suite.