Opening: USA (Indianapolis, IN)
FileWave’s Quality Assurance (QA) team is looking for a self-motivated and skilled QA Automation Engineer. Candidate must have scripting or programming knowledge and proficiency with Windows, macOS and/or Linux. You will work alongside our Development, Support, and Engineering teams to ensure the highest quality possible in our products.
This position is full time. No contract work, please.
At FileWave our QA Engineers are expected to:
- Design, implement, and execute automated tests.
- Debug, improve, and/or fix existing automated scripts.
- Maintain automated test environments.
- Work with the Development, Support, and Engineering teams to communicate and escalate issues.
- Be comfortable working with other members of the QA team in an Agile (SCRUM) environment.
- Verify issues are repeatable and log them clearly to help Development quickly resolve them.
- Create scripts to improve manual testing process.
- Perform manual testing as needed.
- Technical degree and/or equivalent experience in a technical problem-solving role such as QA/Testing, Technical Support, or Systems Administration
- 1-3 years of testing experience.
- Strong proficiency with Windows, macOS, or Linux operating systems.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to work on tasks and projects with minimum supervision.
- Has “test to break” attitude.
- Ability to maximize available resources.
- Good judgment skills are needed to assess high-risk areas of an application.
- An ability to find problems as well as answer the question ‘what’s missing’.
- Experience working with mobile devices (iOS, Android, etc.).
- Experience with virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware Fusion).
- Experience with QA automation tools (eggPlant, QTP, SilkTest, Squish, etc.).
- Experience with version control software (Git, Mercurial, Perforce, Subversion, etc.).
- Understanding of TCP/IP and network architecture.
FileWave is a multi-platform device management solution for macOS, iOS, Windows, Chrome OS, and Android. For over 20 years, we have helped organizations around the world manage their unique environments via the FileWave Management Suite.