We at FileWave are looking for a Senior UX Designer to take ownership and lead the UX design/interaction role, working extremely closely with our product owners & developers to replace a mission-critical part of our existing product. Your designs and the results of this work will directly benefit thousands of customers worldwide.
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we create for our customers. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our product and bring that vision to life. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for our users. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Product Managers, Engineers and SME’s throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
What will you actually be doing?
- Define the user experience for new and existing product capabilities.
- Contribute to a visual and interaction design system used across our software products
- Collaborate with developers, product managers as well as customers across multiple agile teams.
- Balance product, development, and user-centered goals to help shape overall product strategy.
- Develop storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas.
What qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience at a creative interactive agency or in-house interactive team.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, or other web design tools.
- Experience (including supporting examples) with conveying concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups.
- Experience (provide supporting evidence) of taking concepts from mockups through to shipped product.
What skills do you need?
- Experience in creating prototypes for web and/or mobile app experiences.
- Experience with generating graphic representations, on-screen graphic design, and illustration and data visualization.
- Experience with distilling complex processes into simple and clear user interactions.
- Excellent attention to detail, with a commitment to putting the user first.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
There are many reasons to join our team, such as:
- Enjoying the benefits of our servant leadership
- Enjoying personal and professional development opportunities
- Working in a very passionate and international team with offices located in Indianapolis (USA), Dusseldorf and Munich (Germany), and Wil (Switzerland).
- Being part of our positive and collaborative work environment
What is FileWave actually doing?
Founded in 1999, FileWave Corporation develops and markets deployment solutions to help corporations and educational institutions improve the efficiency of their many IT management tasks on macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android. Customers using our products are for example IKEA, H&M, Gruner & Jahr, Jung van Matt, Burda, Airbus, Spiegel Verlag, and various education groups. Our tools run on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.
Piqued your interest?
Have additional questions?
Feel free to call Senada, our Sr. HR Manager, +41 78 351 8020 or +49 176 2224 2266