For updating Microsoft Office on MacOS devices we recommend to create an entirely new Office Fileset using Fileset Magic with all updates installed. If you deployed Office originally with FileWave you would make the original Fileset ignore at Verify before deploying the new Fileset so they do not conflict with each other.
General Quick steps for this work flow
1) Get a Fresh machine that has not had Office installed on it
2) Install the FileWave admin on the machine
3) Run "Create Snapshot" on the drive scanning the entire drive of the FileWave Magic process from the FileWave Admin root
4) After the Snapshot is finished running, install Microsoft Office 2016 on the machine.
5) Open all applications and install all of the updates for Microsoft Office 2016.
6) Run "Create Fileset" of the Fileset Magic Process.
7) Deploy the Fileset to a couple of test devices and see if you have the desired result
*If you did originally deploy it with FileWave please make sure to set the old Fileset to ignore at verify in properties and update the model before sending out the new Fileset. Do not remove the association with the old Fileset until the new one has been successfully applied.
If you have any issues with this or any other questions please feel free to put in a ticket with Support and we can help you more with this.