FileWave's Inventory software provides your administrators with an easy way to keep track of installed hardware and software. It provides details about the operating system, software versions, security packages, hardware components, and network settings on each client (Apple/Windows/iOS). Inventory can create reports detailing application usage on client systems, license and lifecycle management. Clear, concise reports of your inventory queries can be scheduled and the results may be emailed out in either .xls or .csv formats.
FileWave Inventory also allows you to schedule scans of your network to discover devices that do not currently have the Inventory client installed. Even though you do not have the client on these systems, you are still able to get essential information about the system.
How Inventory Works
The FileWave Inventory client runs quietly in the background, gathering data on all aspects of your client machines. The client will run scans and return reports at the intervals you set, giving you information on hardware changes, software usage and resource utilization. The Inventory server compiles the client scans into a fully searchable database, allowing you to access up-to-date information about your environment at any time.
- Keep track of assets - Provides administrators with an easy way to keep track of installed hardware and software.
- Provides details about the operating system - Software versions, security packages, hardware components and network settings on each client.
- Compiles scans into a fully searchable database - Allows you to access up-to-date information at any time.
- Creates clear, concise reports - detailing application usage on client usage.
- Other Inventory information reporting - Includes software usage, license and lifecycle management.